Membership in the Waterloo Historical Society entitles you to participate in all the activities of the society. For the industrious, there are numerous ways to volunteer your service and enthusiasm. There are no qualifications for membership – although the more you are interested in Waterloo Region’s history, the more fun you’ll have. Membership runs from October 1 to September 30 each year.
Here are some of the amazing advantages of membership in the Waterloo Historical Society:
- voting rights at the Annual General Meeting;
- advance notification and special invitation to all society events;
- discounted price for volume slip cases;
- 10% off used books from the book table at meetings;
- 25% off admission to Waterloo Region Museums;
- special events perks (e.g. centennial supplement, 100th anniversary postcards, prize draws); and
- access to five meetings each year featuring guest speakers. Our meetings are free to the public as well as to our members.
You will also receive:
- a copy of the society’s award-winning annual volume containing articles of local historical significance and interest written by local researchers; and
- a subscription to the society newsletter which carries news items, reports of activities, upcoming events, historical notes and achievements of the society and its members. It is published four times a year and is available to members in hard or electronic copy. The newsletter is also available to the public as a downloadable pdf.
Adult/Family – $30
International – $35
Student – $15
Download the Membership and Donation form and join today!
Membership Chair & Contact Information
If you have a question about membership, please contact Mandy Macfie, Membership Chair at (519) 572-7510 or email@example.com.